Client: Spacescape Workplace Solutions
NIS Ltd have been providing data, voice and fibre installations on a regular basis for over 20 years and have worked alongside SpaceScape since 2014. Works include CAT5E, CAT6, CAT6A copper installations, Voice Installations, Fibre Installations (inclusive of both Singlemode and Multimode fibre links), and cabinet installations.
Spacescape, founded in 2001, are based in the North West and operate throughout the UK, specializing in fit out and refurbishment projects, providing design and construction to create high quality commercial office interiors. NIS Ltd have been a partner to Spacescape undertaking all data installation project works for a number of years. This has included (amongst others) numerous installations on behalf of Rental Cars consisting of a total of over 2000 x data outlets across multiple floors, within multiple building locations.
The project required for the installation of a new data network infrastructure across the Second, Third and Fourth Floors within the XYZ building to be occupied by NCC. To facilitate this new infrastructure, NCC would house its main Server Room upon the Fourth Floor. Upon each floor, including the Fourth, two designated Patch Rooms were being provided at either side of the building to accommodate the new cabling (6 x patch rooms in total). New OM4 fiber links would be running from the Patch Rooms to the dedicated Server Room upon the Fourth Floor. The following details the works undertaken.
• Supply and installation of 14 x 47U 600mm x 1150mm Orion floor standing cabinets within the Fourth Floor Server Room.
• Supply and installation of 2 x 47U 800mm x 1150mm Orion floor standing cabinets within the Fourth Floor Server Room to act as the two “Core Network Racks”.
• Supply and installation of 6 x 47U 800mm x 1000mm Orion floor standing cabinets within the Patch Room locations, one cabinet per Patch Room.
• Supply and installation of a new Hot Aisle Containment Solution for the New Server Room inclusive of an automated electronic door system.
• Supply and installation of 42 x 12-way intelligent PDU units complete with 8 x C13 sockets, 4 x 13A sockets, 32A Commando plugs and intelligent IP Monitoring capacity.
• Supply and installation of 2 x 24 core OM4 fiber links from each Patch Room location to the Main Server Room upon the Fourth Floor, diversely routed, terminating within each of the 2 x Core Network Racks utilizing LC presentation
• Supply and installation of 1 x 50 pair voice link from the designated rack within the Main Server Room upon the Fourth Floor to an incoming BT DP upon the Ground Floor.
• Supply and installation of over 400 x 4 way and 200 x 6-way POD boxes for the provision of the new data outlets.
• Supply and installation of 5m lengths of flexible conduit from each newly installed POD box for the provision of the new cabling infrastructure.
•Supply and installation of new cable matting at designated locations across all three floors for the provision of the new cabling infrastructure. • Supply and installation of over 2000 x CAT6A FTP shielded cabling and outlets to customer’s specified locations across the three floors, which carried the provision for.